The following is a quick recipe for making a date based snack bite that super easy to make.
With just six ingredients and a food processor, you can make a tasty snack that you can keep in your fridge.
- 220 grams pitted dates
- 50 grams of crunchy peanut butter
- 30 grams of chocolate (can use vegan chocolate here )
- 60 grams rolled quick oats
- 15 grams chia seeds
- 10ml of coconut oil
- Put the dates in the food processor and then pulse until cut into small chunks. It should clump into a ball within 4-5 quick pulses or about 30 seconds.
- Add the peanut butter, chocolate, rolled oats, chia seeds and oil. Pulse until all is combined well (see photo).
- Roll into balls about 2-3 cm across. Weighed they are about 35-40 grams each. You should get 10 balls from this batch.
- Add them to container and place in the fridge or freezer for long term storage. Keeping them in the fridge will last a week. If you’re lucky to hold out that long.